Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Wow...

So, I have been thinking about whether or not to keep up this blog anymore. I am still not 100% decided but for the time being I guess I will continue to write unless I forget about it and just dont!

So to catch up with my life, I am now married and pregnant!

Chris proposed to me in April at the Biblical Gardens which is one of my favorite places in the whole world! We knew we wanted a simple wedding so we decided that June 11 would be our date. That gave us about 6 weeks to plan and pull together. Most people around us thought we were crazy...especially since we weren't pregnant! But we both knew how much money we wanted to spend and we didn't want to spend more than that. WE already knew we were getting married and we had the money. The Lord was blessing it so we proceeded. And on June 11, 2011 I married the most amazing man I have ever met! IT was a BEAUTIFUL day and wedding! It was at his Uncle's house in Foresthill outside on the front lawn. We had about 250 guests share it with us, family, friends, and lots of community friends! It was really awesome to have some of my out-of-state family come. My dad and Tammy and all the kids made it! And my best friend from high school, Chelsea, came as well! It really was amazing!

Then two days later we set off for San Diego! We went to Six Flags, Sea World, snorkeling in the ocean, then a extra trip to go to Midevil Times!

On June 14th we got pregnant! I know that might sound weird that I know the exact date but I had been charting my fertility the couple of months before our wedding so that we could know when I was ovulating. Turns out our honeymoon ended up being the week I was ovulating and it being our first week as a married couple we didn't want to use any barriers. So we knew there was a possibility of conceiving...turns out it happened!

Two weeks later I took a prego test and it was positive!!! So now I am 7 weeks past conception and 9 weeks according to how the medical world counts pregnancy. They say pregnancy begins at the first day of your menstrual cycle...(weird huh!) For the sake of making things the same across the board whenever I say how far a long I am I will use the medical term so that no one will be confused!

So now my baby is the size of a grape and is causing all kinds of havoc on my body!
But time is short to go into those details for this post.


Maybe I'll be back later to record some more!

2 comments:

  1. I will just say that I love your blog! It allows me to keep up with you all the way from Texas! I am so happy I was able to be there for your beautiful day and I am so happy for the both of you! I love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you! I am so glad you got to be there! I see you got inspired to post yourself! Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete