Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Philippines

So if anyone has read the beginnings of my blog you know about the midwife school in the Philippines and how I had wanted to go this year.

A recap...

In January, on my way home from Texas the Lord gently asked if I could lay it down. I joyfully said yes knowing that the Lord gives and takes away and He is always good. I wasn't sure if it would be for real that He wanted me to give it up or not but as time went on it became apparent that I wouldn't be going this year.

Shortly after, Chris and I began courting! Things started to make sense especially once we started moving towards marriage.

I have said this to many before but I'm not sure if I've said it here but there are two things that the Lord has given me passion for. Midwifery and Wife/Mothering. I loved and wanted both but more than anything I wanted and still want the Lord. I could live joyfully for Him without ever fulfilling either, both, or just one. While I was single I couldn't pursue marriage or motherhood because then they wouldn't have come about the right way. But one thing I could pursue was being a midwife, and I did.

While doing so, a dear friend of mine was asking about the school in the Philippines that I was saving for. Turns out the Lord totally called her there! She applied the same time as me and she got accepted and is now leaving this Sunday!!!!!!! So stinking exciting! She is going to do so well there!

Now I am married and preparing for birth and motherhood, while my friend is preparing for a long journey to becoming a midwife! It's sop beautiful how the Lord works!

Someday I would like to still pursue becoming a midwife, however being a wife and mother trumps any other passions the Lord gives me. They are the most important jobs he has given me. So maybe years down the road when my children are grown I might stir up the ole midwifery subject again. But for now, the Lord has given me a sweet, strong, manly man to care for, and soon a precious baby to raise. I am so blessed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment